Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it worth it?

Someone mentioned doing a MM list by role. Well I've looked at it and there are some problems...
The current db.xml lumps the level role and class (elite,leader etc) into one field called levelrole. I could sort on this, but because it is a string it would go:
Level 1...
Level 10-11...
Level 2...
Level 20-29...
Level 3...
Level 30-40...
etc

So what I tried instead is adding the level/role to the existing displays.

This is a ruleset change, the down side is the lists take a bit longer to load up (it has to get the levelrole for every monster).

What I should probably do is alter the parser to output another set of lists (By Level and Role / By Role and Level) and then remove the field from the list. I'm just not sure it's really worth the effort.

No comments: